Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Life's Tough but YOU can succeed!

FAILING TO FAIL!
Joseph Brann

I feel life’s tough for everyone; however, I don’t believe we ever truly fail unless we quit. Like me, you have probably had times when life’s obstacles forced you to want to give up. Its okay, we all get that feeling at times. My suggestion though is that we try to view our obstacles as opportunities.  For myself, my biggest “opportunity” and most unimaginably difficult life struggles began in 1998 as a senior in high school on the very same day division one colleges began recruiting me to play quarterback. On this life-altering day I was in a horrible car accident that left me reported braindead on the news, yep, that’s right, BRAINDEAD! My survival, and everything I continue doing daily, should’ve been impossible.  Although I would’ve never imagined my life being as difficult for me as it is, I’ll never say my life is harder than anyone else’s.  
           When I first came back from my wreck, I had absolutely no idea who I was or anything I’d been through, my life memories had just vanished! Over 19 years since my accident, I’m still trying to “come back” and accomplish what I was told was impossible. Some people might tell you, “You can’t do it” or “That’s impossible.” Some people ARE WRONG! Accomplish what you want. I’m actually partially blind and a brain doctor once said because of my brain damage I shouldn’t be able to read. However, I obviously can read and even write. I’m proud to announce that in May 2018 I, through amazon.com, published my very own, unedited, memoir titled The Challenging Side of Miracles! My living nightmare from having been reported braindead! 
          I won’t lie and say that I’m always happy, most days I’ve hated the position I am in. But it is truly just a mindset. I always come back to happy because I BELIEVE that one-day, one day I’ll end up where I’m supposed to be. Right now I’m in the process of getting back to public speaking and my famous catch phrase “Better Choices Better Chances!” I work everyday to try and be a better me than the day before. I don’t always accomplish this goal, but I refuse to stop pursuing it. There’re things I’m excited to keep working to accomplish and I refuse to be stopped, so stay tuned. In my opinion if you try to be a good person and die in pursuit of your dreams and/or goals, you are a success and will always be such. No matter what you face, DON’T GIVE UP! Go ahead and refuse to fail. I might not have succeeded as I desire yet, but I know I will eventually! Until reading my next blog and even after, remember keep FAILING TO FAIL!


bit.ly/tcsom

2 comments:

  1. Joe, Brennan and I are your biggest cheerleaders, and we are so inspired by your ability to always bounce back and live bravely. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete