Thursday, August 22, 2019

Talk to Me Thursday! Tag...

FAILING TO FAIL!
  Joseph Brann
            It's another “Talk to Me Thursday!” post and today I’ll talk about tagging friends on Facebook. When YOU saw “Tag…” in the title of today’s blog, did you think I was going to talk about the children’s game tag? Ha! After I blog, I post my blog link on my Facebook business page and on my regular page as well and when I first started doing so, I figured I’d “tag” people to try and make sure they saw my post and would hopefully read my blog. The first time I did this, I tried to tag all of my Facebook friends, turns out you can only tag 100 friends in a single post. So for a while I tagged 100 friends, multiple Facebook friends were cool with being tagged but I also received messages from some asking me not to tag them so I stopped tagging them. Additionally I had some who just straight up unfriended me, you could've just asked me not to tag you, bruh, ha! 🤪 Initially I didn’t really know much about tagging people on Facebook, still don’t, 😁  but I can definitely see how it can be annoying. So, as I’ve been blogging these past few days, I’ve still been tagging several Facebook friends, but not 100 of them. When I post the link on Facebook, I'd always ask people to like and share my posts and usually get likes and at least one person will share it. 
              I’m not sure how efficient or effective it is for me to ask people to like and share my posts and am not sure if it even helps me get many more views. I usually get I think somewhere in the ballpark of like 20 plus or minus views of my blog a day but once I actually had over 100. So I’m not sure how well it works to tag people and to ask them to like and share my posts, but once again I understand how annoying it can be getting tagged. When others tag me on Facebook I’m usually fine with it, unless they’re tagging me to a post of their’s I either don’t agree with, figure if I stay tagged on their post I’m going to get A BUNCH of notifications because A LOT of people will be discussing their post, or I just don’t want to be a part of what they’re posting and I’ll remove myself from being tagged. I’m not very good with social media stuff so I’m not sure the best way to go about things with it. I need a social media expert to help me and hopefully one day I will have such. So I think I’m going to stop tagging most of the people I tag, except for a few, and see if it makes a difference. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t, who knows? Tag, YOU’RE it!!!!! Ha! 😜 Until reading my next blog and even after, remember keep FAILING TO FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment