Thursday, September 5, 2019

Talk to Me Thursday! Better Vision!

FAILING TO FAIL!
  Joseph Brann

          For today’s Thursday post, I’ll be talking about something REALLY exciting to me and that is the fact that I now have better vision! Months ago I got my first pair of prescription glasses and, even though they don’t help where I’m partially blind from the stroke I had, they still help me A LOT! Where I can see, I have 20/20 vision when wearing my glasses. I didn’t realize how bad my vision was until getting my new glasses, and I’m reminded how bad my vision is every time I take them off. My 20 year high school reunion, yeah I know I’m old, ha, was this past June and it was great to see friends I’d not seen in many years. The really cool thing was, after I’d talked to some of the people there and we’d separate from one another, I was still able to recognize many of their faces repeatedly when I saw them next!!! Now there were a few times I thought I recognized someone but then found out I was wrong, but multiple times I was able to recognize faces of people I’d just seen, which, for me, is a SUPER exciting feeling! 
                    In the parts of my eyes which I can see out of, for many years my vision was pretty horrible but I thought it was just because of the stroke and I attributed said bad vision to my brain damage. But I’m beyond excited to be able to see MUCH better when I wear my glasses. The class reunion was the most fun I can remember having in a very, very long time. I was, and am, beyond grateful I’ve been able to recognize more faces since getting my glasses and to just see things much more clearly in general. I’d LOVE to have my full vision back, maybe one day that’ll happen, but until then I’m just so happy my glasses provide SO MUCH improvement to my vision. At the class reunion, everyone was really understanding and kind when I did have issues from my vision and brain situation altogether, which I REALLY appreciate!!! Until reading my next blog and even after, remember keep FAILING TO FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment