Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Why is Kindness So Foreign?

FAILING TO FAIL!
  Joseph Brann
                 Why is kindness so foreign in the world today? I’m the type of person who always wants to be kind and help others, no credit be to myself, that’s just how I was created. But it’s extremely crazy, and a little funny, to me when I’m out somewhere in public and see someone doing something, like struggling to put groceries in their car or any such thing, and I walk up and ask if I can help them and they look at me like I’m crazy for asking. It almost seems they’d be less surprised, and more comfortable, ha, if I walked up to them with a weapon and tried to rob them, which I’d NEVER do. I think it’s sad that so many people would apparently rather ignore another’s struggles or suffering than to offer a hand of friendship and help. The world would be SUCH a better place if more people tried to be kind and help others instead of being so self-involved that, no matter what another’s dealing and obviously needing help with, they’re not willing to even try to help. 
                 I realize most everyone probably has A LOT going on and A LOT of responsibilities and pressures they’re dealing with. But if people, even complete strangers, would at least try to help others instead of being so self-centered, the world would be SO MUCH better off. However, I know there are people who pretend to be in need of help just so they can rob and/or hurt other’s for no reason. Hopefully if we try to help someone they actually need the help and I really want EVERYONE to be safe and have wonderful lives. So, I suggest we stop making kindness so foreign, but try to be smart and make the best choices we can and hopefully no one tries to take advantage of kindness. Either way, I wish kindness was the norm in the world and self-centered rudeness was the exception. Maybe one day, but I’m sure it’ll happen one person at a time. I’ve already made the decision to try and be kind on a regular basis, will YOU be the next one to join me in my efforts? I sure hope you will!!! Don’t forget though, YOU’re awesome, so BE awesome!!! Until reading my next blog and even after, remember keep FAILING TO FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment