Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Don't Tell Me to Relax!

FAILING TO FAIL!
Joseph Brann


I don’t know about YOU but often when I’m frustrated or stressing I personally get a little annoyed when someone tells me, “Just relax!” I sarcastically think, “Oh, great idea, why didn’t I think of that??? Oh wait, I DID, DON’T TELL ME TO RELAX!!!” Most of the time when you’re frustrated and/or stressing, you probably know relaxing is what you need to do, but you probably also know someone else telling you to relax isn’t going to make you be relaxed, although it may be a helpful reminder for YOU, but for me it often isn’t. When I’m stressing or the like and I know I need to relax, I will tell myself to relax but that’s kind of like someone else telling me to relax and doesn’t accomplish a whole lot. So instead of just telling myself to relax, I do things to actually help me relax. What almost ALWAYS works for me is to take deep breaths and to just try and clear my mind while reminding myself everything will work out. It also helps me to relax if I take a hot bath, and at times when needed I’ll also take the prescription medication I’ve been prescribed to help me relax, but maybe YOU don’t have said medication, and sorry it’d be illegal for me to give you mine, sorry. But YOU can definitely take deep breaths and probably take a hot bath, that should be a help I do believe!

The truth is, stressing will almost ALWAYS accomplish NOTHING but more problems. When we stress we are much less likely to make the best choices for whatever situation we’re dealing with. Your thinking and judgement will be impaired and later you’ll probably wish you’d made different and better decisions than the ones you make when you’re stressed. If you are relaxed you will be at peace and are much more likely to make better decisions. So, not telling you what to do, ha, but when you’re frustrated or stressing I suggest you take deep breaths, realize frustration and stressing will be of little to no assistance, and reassure yourself things will get better and do what you need so you are relaxed. I hope YOU will be relaxed and my blog will help you to be such and in many more ways as well. So, not telling you what to do, ha, but if you’ll try to relax I do believe life will be a lot better and easier for you. Until reading my next blog and even after, remember keep FAILING TO FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment