Thursday, October 11, 2018

Talk to Me Thursday!

FAILING TO FAIL!
Joseph Brann
  I’ve decided to start something called “Talk to Me Thursday!” wherein I talk about whatever’s on my mind, not necessarily JOEtivational stuff, although I’ve this crazy feeling at least a little JOEtivation is still going to find it’s way into my posts occasionally, or regularly. I intend to do this every Thursday as long as I don’t forget, but I have a reminder on my calendar for each Thursday so hopefully I’ll remember. No matter what, though, positivity is sure to be found in each and every blog I write. As always and especially on “Talk to Me Thursdays” anyone can comment and/or ask me anything. But on Thursdays the floor is wide open and any topic may be addressed. Possibly I might jump around a little but that’s just one of the awesome things that can happen on “Talk to Me Thursdays!” So, today I’ll start talking about how I LOVE football, it’s my favorite sport! After my wreck for a while it was difficult for me to watch because I could no longer play and I’d get depressed but now I once again like to watch football. But I’m not as into it as I used to be because I’m no longer playing. Watching it doesn’t depress or frustrate me like it used to but I’m just not all that concerned with the game. I usually root for the underdog and usually love to see unexpected outcomes, though. 

  Football was such a huge part of my life for the first 17 years so of course I’ll always have a special place in my heart for the game. I still remember how to read defenses though and love being able to do so, being able to do so makes me feel fantastic, it’s fun. Football’s actually extremely complex and there’s so much more that goes into a game than most people who’ve never played it probably have any idea about. It’s not just trying to get the ball across the other teams goal line. You’ve got to be able to try and predict what the defense is going to do and, if you’re the quarterback especially, you’ve got to prejudge and make adjustments to each play depending on how the defense lines up. There are only three things I know of which a defensive player can do. First, they can play zone where they protect a certain zone on the field. Second, they can play man defense where a player’s responsibility is to defend a certain man. And finally, a defender can blitz where they just go after the quarterback and try to sack him, unless he hands the ball off, then they have to try and get the guy the ball’s been handed to. So, there’s a little knowledge about the complexity of football. Do YOU have any questions or comments? I hope you like “Talk to Me Thursday!!!” Until reading my next blog and even after, remember keep FAILING TO FAIL! 

2 comments: