Monday, October 22, 2018

Finding Reasons to Love!

FAILING TO FAIL!
Joseph Brann
       Sometimes I’ve felt as though I don’t actually exist and that “Joe Brann” was a distant memory people remembered because of the guy he was and all anyone really wanted was that guy, the one who had just about everything the world had to offer, but that guy died in my car wreck. In many ways I am still him, but I felt as though I was left having to live the byproducts of his accident. A lot of people prayed, and prayed, and prayed that Joe Brann would survive his accident and then when I did survive the so called “impossible” a lot of people gave thanks that Joe Brann was back. I’m extremely grateful for the love and prayers I’ve received from many! But The truth is, the “Joe Brann” they prayed would survive, really didn’t. I, truthfully, believe that if all the people who prayed for me knew what I was going to have to deal with, they wouldn’t have prayed and would have kindly let me go, but I'm grateful they didn't know and still prayed. There've been SO MANY times when I hated living the byproducts of the car accident I was in and all I wanted to do was to die, or even more, I wanted to have never been created.

     However, I’m beyond grateful I am alive and am able to do the things I can. I am beyond grateful I haven’t given up, although I’ve come very close to doing so multiple times over the years. I’ve got constant reminders of my accident in the form of mental and physical disabilities. I wish I could forget about my accident, but then I walk into a table or any number of objects which I don’t see because of my partial blindness, or I don’t recognize the face of someone I’ve seen many, many times, or this nonstop pain kicks in even stronger and I just can’t forget about the accident because of so many reasons. But I can still be happy! I can still find reasons to love my life, and I do love my life, including the disabilities I’ve allowed to almost destroy me so many times before! I can still find reason to keep going and try to put a smile on someone else’s face. What about YOU? Will you find the opportunity in your obstacles? Will you find the reasons to smile when you are sad or angry? Will you be more than a byproduct of the negative events which’ve transpired in your life Will YOU find reasons to love whatever you're dealing with? PLEASE allow yourself to be happy no matter what YOU are facing, I know you can do it! Until reading my next blog and even after, remember keep FAILING TO FAIL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment