Thursday, November 29, 2018

Talk to Me Thursday! I remember...

FAILING TO FAIL!
Joseph Brann
    For this “Talk to Me Thursday!” post I’ll be talking about our memories. I will talk about some bad things I remember from my life but YOU should know by now my blog will NOT be negative. It’s crazy to me the way our brains work. There are a lot of things I don’t even almost remember but there are also a lot of things I do remember and it’s just ridiculous why I will remember one unimportant thing, or a memory I’d rather forget, but I won’t remember something I really want to. It’s just crazy weird to me! I remember terrifying things from my accident. I feel I remember the fear as I slid across the median of Interstate 10 and then the initial impact of the pickup truck to the driver’s side of my car and the truck actually making contact with my head. I feel I remember when I was disconnected from life-support and the pain I don’t even know how to describe as my body postured and struggled to survive, let me just say OW!!!!! I think I vaguely remember being in a coma, the times when I’d be mentally conscious of while in a coma for about a week. It’s even more horrifying than the sleep paralysis I’ve talked about before because I couldn’t breathe deeply and wake myself up.I remember how I’ve felt when women, yes more than one, broke my heart or when they’ve treated me beyond horrible.                              
            But I also remember the excitement of waiting to go on a date, the wonderful way it feels to kiss a woman and especially a girlfriend, and how immaculate it felt when I decided to stop fearing the nightmare of my life and to LOVE it! Something kind of annoyingly cool, I remember phone numbers, and numbers in general, kind of like how “Rain Man” remembered things. I remember the phone number of the first girlfriend I had after my accident when I was I believe 20 years old, so roughly 17 years ago. It’s gotten to the point that in order to overcome my obsessive compulsive disorder, I have to force myself not to memorize a phone number. I believe it was when I was conscience in a coma that I started thinking of words, counting the number of letters in the words, the number of syllables in words, and in sentences just to pass the time. I talk about my obsessive counting of words and numbers in my memoir you can get off Amazon at bit.ly/tcsom but I believe that counting started when I was in a coma. I don’t understand our brains or memories, but it’s so complex it’s mind blowing! I hope all the memories YOU have are fantastic and the ones that aren’t, I hope YOU will find reasons to love them anyway! Until reading my next blog and even after, remember keep FAILING TO FAIL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment