Tuesday, November 27, 2018

When One Door Closes...

FAILING TO FAIL!
Joseph Brann
   Most people have probably heard the saying, “When one door closes another opens.” Although this is a good and positive way of looking at things in my opinion, I don’t necessarily believe this to be true. Sometimes, and even often times in my life, one “door” I’ve been trying to walk through will slam shut, so I turn to another “door” and try to walk though it and just as I begin to go through that doorway what do you think happens? Well, it gets shut in my face even harder than the original “door” was shut. Sometimes, when a “door” closes you have to break it down and walk through anyway. Other times you have to play with the door nob, wiggle it a little, and slowly but surely get it to open. And then there are times you have to turn around, walk a COMPLETELY different direction, and find another “door” to go through. But, when one door closes, how YOU continue to move forward is up to YOU! Will you give up, or will you keep pushing forward, fighting the urge to quit, and refuse to be stopped until you find just the right door for YOU to go through? 

   I’ve wanted to give up SO MANY times! I’ve wanted EVERYTHING to end! I’ve cried actual tears because I was so BEYOND exhausted I didn’t want to take another step or even another breath! But I’ve pushed through and everyday I continue to wake up is a new day for me to work toward accomplishing my goals! YOU can respond to this question if you’d like or just simply answer it in your own mind, what would YOU do if you’re beyond exhausted, all hope seems to be lost, and you’ve NO MORE strength to keep going? Me personally, I’ve had to find the strength I didn’t want to have because we ALWAYS have a choice in how we respond to adversity, we ALWAYS have the ability to make our situation better, or to give in to it and give up! If YOU give up, you’ll never accomplish what I know YOU can! So, what do YOU choose and what would YOU do? Until reading my next blog and even after, remember keep FAILING TO FAIL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment