Sunday, December 16, 2018

Brain Damage is NOT Contagious!

FAILING TO FAIL!
Joseph Brann
      You probably already know this, at least I hope you do, but brain damage is NOT contagious! Since acquiring my damaged brain, at times I’ve felt like some people have acted as though they thought my brain damage is contagious because of how they’ve treated me. I feel positively they know it’s not contagious, but their words, actions, and inactions left me feeling like they thought it might be. But truly it’s NOT! SO MANY people have lied to me, ignored me, insulted me, woman’ve stood me up for dates since I can’t drive, and people have just done a lot of things that I allowed to make me feel like I was a brain damaged freak. Now I’ll admit I’ve done some pretty “braindead” things but still I don’t feel I’ve done anything to deserve the way others have treated me. This is NOT a pity party and I’m not feeling sorry for myself AT ALL! I’m actually grateful for these horrible experiences because of how they've helped me grow and are constant reminders to ALWAYS treat others kindly and with respect. But, I want to tell YOU that no matter how anyone else treats you, YOU’ve got to know you are still incredible!
       Actually incredible is an extreme understatement for how amazing YOU really are. There’ve been A LOT of times I haven’t felt amazing. There’ve been A LOT of times I felt I was worthless with nothing to offer this world except an incredible story of who I WAS. When I felt like that, I WAS WRONG! I’ve had to dig so incredibly deep within myself to make myself realize I really am remarkable NO MATTER what anyone else says or does. Though I GREATLY appreciate my friends and family who help me feel better when I’m feeling down, if I’m thinking clearly, I don’t need ANYONE else to tell me of my extreme value because I know it. 
          I’m not saying this in a stuck up or self-righteous way, but rather I’m saying it because I know I am remarkable! We ALL are! We’ve been created by an unbelievably intelligent an powerful being, and I’m saying this NOT pushing any belief system on anyone, but no matter what your belief system is, whatever created you and me, is an amazingly powerful source with extraordinary intelligence. So whatever YOU are facing, if/whenever YOU aren’t feeling fantastically about who YOU are, if/whenever YOU may feel as though others think you’ve got some horribly contagious disease, please know I know your value is remarkable and YOU are an extraordinary person! YOU are a gift to this world! Though my brain damage isn’t contagious, I sure hope my positivity is! Until reading my next blog and even after, remember keep FAILING TO FAIL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment