Thursday, December 27, 2018

Talk to Me Thursday! Fast Cars and Driving!

FAILING TO FAIL!
Joseph Brann
      For this “Talk to Me Thursday!” post I’ll be talking about fast cars and driving! I LOVE fast cars and driving! I’ve not driven in many years because of my being partially blind and other issues dealing with my vision and such. Actually, a little while back, my younger brother Jon wanted to move his car a short distance from where it was parked I believe at my home and, after I asked, he happily gave me the keys and told me to go ahead. I hadn’t driven in SO long I wasn’t even able to move his car the short distance needed because I was having brain trouble and it was pretty sad. Not sad as in “cry me a river” sad, but sad as in pathetic sad, ha! But I have driven some since my wreck, and I even drove my older brother Jacob’s Camaro Super Sport and it was AWESOME! That was several years ago, though. I wish I could drive but it’s definitely safer if I don’t.
      When I got in my life destroying and life altering car accident in 1998 I was driving my new, black, 1998 Camaro Z28 Super Sport, I don’t think I’ve said in my blog yet what I drove as a senior in high school but, whether I’ve said before or not, now you know what I drove. I wasn’t speeding when I got in my accident, but I was unknowingly driving too fast for the conditions. Before my accident I often drove fast and weaved in and out of traffic and, honestly, took way too many risks I shouldn’t have. I don’t know how to reiterate this enough, but that one second YOU aren’t thinking about safety and making the best choice for your situation, might be the last second YOU get to live with a fully functional brain! 

        If YOU drive and don’t have brain damage, PLEASE realize what a gift it is to be able to do both of these things, ESPECIALLY not having a brain damaged situation? Unless God works another miracle, as long as I’m alive and disabled, I’ll NEVER get to remember what it’s like to not have brain damage and/or the many obstacles that come with it. I’ll NEVER again drive home from ANYWHERE! But I do choose to see all my obstacles as opportunities and to love them! PLEASE don’t have to learn the hard way like I have, but PLEASE ALWAYS come back to happy and love the life YOU are blessed with? But, once again, I LOVE fast cars and driving! Until reading my next blog and even after, remember keep FAILING TO FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment